Hardly any games have as much gear as horse riding. Riders can undoubtedly get overpowered attempting to make sense of what they need–and don’t. We’ll cover the basic “need to have” and some “pleasant to have” with regards to the best pony riding gear. Here’s our list of best kids’ horse riding gear to help you out with the shopping. Check them out now!
Kids’ Horse Riding Gear – Apparel And Footwear
Most riders start their rigging assortment with clothing and footwear. And this is absolutely for good reasons! You may just arrange to take a few lessons, or you might be looking for your fantasy horse. In any case, it’s anything but difficult to begin with attire and footwear for the rider, and you’ll require these things regardless of your picked control or riding rhythm.
This category essentially includes –
- Boots with heels – You need to maintain your balance on the horse and also handle any unfortunate events. In all such cases, boots are the ones that help you out. So, make sure your boots have a little heel. It also gives you the spring!
- Riding Pants – These pants have been designed to keep you comfortable while horse riding. While a pair of jeans can also do the job, it is advisable to buy a set of pants especially tailored for this purpose.
- Shirts and Jackets – You don’t want to get stuck at a fence or at a pole do you? So, choose a tight shirt or a jacket that sticks to you while keeping you comfortable.
- Chaps & Gloves – These protect your hands and legs, increase your grip, and make your riding experience better.
Just like you need to have safety gear on while driving or riding a bike, wearing essential safety gear while riding a pony is a must. So, what things should you have to ensure your safety? Let’s find out.
- Helmet – Helmets are meant to protect your head. And their function isn’t very different in this case either.
- Body Protector – This protects your body from any unwanted/abrupt harm, thus keeping your little one comparatively safer.
- Air Vest – Heard of air bags? Air vests are just the same! In case your child falls of the horse, the air vests open up creating a cushion for them to land on.
Kids’ Horse Riding Gear – Tack
The most significant thing about pony riding tack is that it fits the pony — and you — appropriately. Ponies are people, much the same as we are, and have distinctive fit necessities. In case you’re taking lessons, you can presumably utilize the tack at your exercise outbuilding. In case you’re buying a pony, hold back to purchase tack until after you’ve discovered your fantasy horse. At that point, work with an expert to ensure the tack fits accurately.
Horses are living beings and they too can feel nervous, anxious and disturbed. So, besides taking care of your child you should also take proper care of the horse so that your child’s horse riding experience turns out to be the best. Make sure you buy the proper kid’s horse riding gear and keep them both safe.